Friday, June 5, 2020

Finished the week strong!

Still doing very well with minimal side effects.  The radiation oncologist says I'm right where I should be at this point and am doing all the right things to minimize the damage from the radiation.  I'm continuing to get out and hike around in the woods and fields every morning carrying all of my camera gear for at least an hour, usually much more.  Most of the migrating birds are already done passing through, but I always find something to take a picture of!

Today was my 9th treatment, marking 20% of the radiation treatments down, 80% to go.  It's good to have milestones.  My radiation therapist and her assistant will be off next week and I'll be back to my team from the first week as the practice works hard to keep everyone employed in these unusual times.  I'm hoping they can get back to full strength again soon

Here is the picture for the day that I showed everybody, I call it "I need a Covid haircut bad!".  This is a Cattle Egret in his full mating plumage at Murphy Park in Taylor a couple of weeks ago.  The wind helped with this look.  They are much more plain during the rest of the year, but he is a sharp-dressed man right now, as ZZTop would say!


1 comment:

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...