Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Got Week 7 started a day late but everything was smooth today

It turns out that the fiasco yesterday was caused by a construction crew cutting through a Spectrum fiber optic cable in the neighborhood where the radiation clinic is located.  The technicians that work for the radiation practice had been told that all of the computers and servers that were needed to do treatment were all contained in that one building.  And they were supposed to be.  This incident pointed out to them that there needs to be a fix made so that this doesn't happen again.  Some of the guys that stayed until the bitter end told me today they never did get treated, so I'm glad I left when I did.

I got some good news from the radiation therapists today, I am starting the second phase of my treatment.  The first phase included radiation to the seminal vesicles and to the prostate, from now on the target will only be the prostate.  They also said my 4 days off was a good thing for me, my body got a little extra time to heal at the cellular level.  No complaining from me, that's for sure!  Thank you, Jesus!

I told the girls at the reception desk that they were not getting a new picture until I got my next treatment, so they looked at the same one I showed them yesterday and remarked that they had heard and seen these little guys in their back yards.  This is a Carolina Wren, probably the loudest bird per ounce of anything else in nature.  Their tail is usually cocked up like a spoiler on a race car, which makes them look like they have a real attitude.  And they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...