Thursday, September 10, 2020

My first follow up with my urologist was mostly good news

 As usual, I don't think it's possible to have a urologist's appointment without giving a urine sample, so I did!  I also got to show a picture of the day to the nurses and my doctor and they liked this one. It's the same one I showed at the radiation lab last week when I got my blood work done, but they hadn't seen it yet.  After taking my blood pressure, the volume of my bladder was scanned.  Once these preliminary formalities were out of the way, my urologist came into the exam room and told me he was happy at this point that my PSA level was undetectable, the lab report showed it was less than 0.05.  I was told that we will be monitoring it every 3 or 4 months for the next 2 years, but that we were definitely starting out on good footing.  Once my testosterone levels begin to rise in early November, there may be some changes in the PSA.  He was not so pleased with the fact that my bladder was not empty enough after my urine test.  This could be a sign of incomplete healing from the radiation treatments or maybe an infection, among other possibilities.  So, we set a followup appointment to measure how my bladder is doing in another month's time.  I'm not in any discomfort but I am very blessed to have such a great medical team that is paying attention to every little detail.  More to follow as the adventure continues.

The picture of the day is of a Hummingbird hovering at a spider web, a lucky shot if I ever got one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...