Friday, May 29, 2020

Finishing the week with Session #4

It's been a good week, the treatments are going very well and the oncology practice, since it specializes in prostate cancer, is very efficient.  I have usually been in and out in less than 20 minutes.  At least one of those minutes involves showing the staff my picture of the day that I have chosen for them and they seem to actually enjoy that little break in their normal day.  I think they are a little taken aback that there is a patient out there that tries to bring them joy rather than just showing up for what could otherwise turn into routine drudgery.  By the time treatment #45 is over, everyone will know who Dave is!  I hope we're not wearing masks anymore at that point.  In fact, I told the staff today that I would bet that they are more familiar right now with my belly than with my face and I got a pretty good laugh out of them.  I also said I hoped that we would be done with masks before they were done seeing me.  I will have a different radiation technician and nurse next week, they are alternating work schedules during the Covid-19 situation.  The good news is nobody has been laid off, but like every other business or medical practice, they have had to scale back some for the time being.  I'm just blessed they were able to get me into the rotation.  Have a great weekend everybody!

I call this image Buck in Flight.  It's a one in a million shot.  I got it last December at Berry Springs Park in Georgetown at dawn as I was shooting a Hawk in a tree.  My friend yelled out that the deer were on the run, I spun around and caught this just as this buck was leaping.  There is actually tall grass on either side of this frame, talk about good fortune that this happened at the precise moment he hit the gap!  I may repeat the images from this week in the week ahead to make it fair to the other folks.  Stay tuned to see what I decide!



1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful witness of leading a sanctified life, Dave!

    ReplyDelete

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...