Monday, June 1, 2020

5 Down, 40 to go!


Week 2 has begun!  So far, so good.  Still feeling great, I'm sure hiking through various nature preserves for an hour or two every day is helping me to keep my energy levels up as both the hormone therapy and the radiation will gradually begin to take their toll.  I'm doing everything I can to stay out in front of that.  I've begun a resistance exercise program using large rubber bands to fight the loss of muscle and bone that will occur, especially in my upper body.  I have also begun taking calcium and vitamin D supplements at the suggestion of the radiation oncologist to help with this as well.  

My original radiation therapist and her helper are on duty this week, so I just had to introduce them to my picture a day routine to keep them smiling.  Everybody liked this one, a Burrowing Owl that I saw in rural Granger, TX in January.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...