Tuesday, June 9, 2020

If it's Tuesday, it must be visit number 11!

It took a while, but now that I've had 10 radiation sessions, I'm in double figures! Yay!  So far, any side-effects have been minimal and I'm sleeping pretty well.  My level of fatigue has increased a little bit, probably mostly from the hormone therapy.  I keep fighting it by staying active, I spent 2 hours hiking around Berry Springs Park this morning at dawn carrying about 10 pounds worth of photo gear and taking over 200 pictures.  I saw quite a few birds (15 different species) and a deer.  It's going to be 102 or more here today and it was already getting uncomfortable by around 9 am when I called it a day.

The picture for the day is one I call "The Dance" and is from a series of Scissor-tailed Flycatcher flight images during their nesting and mating in Taylor, TX last month.  They are elegant in flight, but you really need the camera to stop their action to see how intricate their aerial acrobatic moves are.  Not easy shots to get, but well worth it when it works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...