Wednesday, June 10, 2020

An even dozen! All is well...

I got out to Taylor for some bird photography and hiking from 7 am until about 10 am and saw a pretty good variety of shore birds at Murphy Park and the usual Scissor-tailed Flycatchers and Green Herons at the sports complex with some Caracaras and a bonus Turtle thrown in.  My back to nature exercise program is working well, so far I haven't gained any of the expected extra pounds that the hormone therapy tends to put on.  And I'm doing what I love to do in the process.  It doesn't get any better than that!

I was in and out of the clinic in only about 15 minutes today.  I've learned that if I show up about 25 minutes before my appointment instead of the recommended 15 minutes, I can many times get snuck in between other folks that are running behind.  While I was waiting, I talked to another patient that is in his second week of treatment and the Lupron hormone therapy is really kicking him in the butt with fatigue and hot flashes.  I told him how I've made a conscious effort to stay very active, no matter how much fatigue I have to fight through.  While different individuals react in unlike ways, I told him I thought that exercise was a key.  I shared my picture of the day with him and told him I'm being active doing one of my passions and maybe he could do the same whether it is golf, tennis, hiking, jogging, whatever.  I'm glad I got to be an encouragement to him.

The picture of the day is of a juvenile American Robin at Mills Pond last week eating berries from a tree.  If they eat too many of the wrong or fermented berries, they get quite drunk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...