Thursday, July 2, 2020

6 Weeks down, 3 plus change to go!

Today was my 6th Doctor Day.  This week is shortened due to the July 4th holiday, and I started the Tuesday after Memorial day, so I've now had 28 sessions with 17 to go.  I can honestly say that so far my side effects have not been unmanageable or particularly painful.
I re-read the literature I was given at the beginning of my treatment plan and it says that weeks 7, 8 and 9 should not be much different than week 6 in terms of any incontinence, problems with being able to urinate or defecate or pain in any of those vital areas that are involved.  I've been blessed compared to some of the other patients that I talk to that have had a week or two less under their belts (ha ha!) than I have.  I'm the veteran in the group and now a new guy just started this week that's right after me, so I've been telling him what he might expect.  It's kind of a brotherhood the guys I meet have.

The doctor was happy with all of my appointments this week, I've been concentrating on being well hydrated after slipping up one day last week.  Another Green Check Mark for Dave!

I am fatigued from the hormone therapy, but managed an hour hike around Mills Pond early this morning.  I am a little concerned that I won't have any natural setting to photograph this weekend since Austin and the surrounding cities are closing the parks to discourage large gatherings during the 3 day weekend.  I'm hoping solitary pursuits like hiking, jogging or biking will be allowed, it's a little unclear at this point whether that will be the case or not.

The picture for the day is from a sunrise over Lake Travis last week, the same day as the fish picture I posted was taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...