Saturday, September 17, 2022

A nice surprise this morning!

 Thank you, Jesus! I woke up this morning and my left leg was nearly the same as the right one.  I didn't expect to see improvement so soon.  Time will tell and we'll see how much swelling I have by tonight.  It's a great relief to take the thigh high compression stocking off before bed, I've had quite enough of it by then!

I had an "Aha" moment yesterday which made me go "Duh" to myself.  While my doctor and myself were concentrating on the effects of my long flights to and from Kenya earlier in the year, I had completely forgotten about my nearly 3200 mile road trip last month.  I'm sure too much sitting is not good for you at sea level either!  I've always been very careful to stay well hydrated on long flights, meaning I have to get up about every hour and a half or so when nature calls and I stretch out for a while each time I'm up.  This would explain how this occurred well after the Africa trip. When I talk to to Doc this week, I'm going to confess and I'm sure we'll both get a good laugh out of me having a major senior moment.  Wow.  Maybe 17 vials of blood work weren't necessary after all.  I hope I don't see a bill for all of that!

Osprey flyby at Lake Georgetown

Thanks again for all of your prayers and well wishes, I'm convinced they make a difference, both for you and for me.  There is great power in prayer.  The answer is always yes, no or wait.  Many times when wait is the answer, in hindsight it was the best possible answer because I didn't know what I was asking and He had something better in store for me or there was a lesson I needed to be taught.  As my friends in Kenya are fond of saying "God is Good all the time!" and the reply always is "All the time, God is Good!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...