Friday, June 26, 2020

5 weeks down, 4 weeks plus 2 days to go!

I started on a Tuesday and my last day will be a Tuesday if I stay on schedule due to Memorial Day and the 4th of July.  If something comes up where I miss a day somehow, it will get added to the end so my total will be 45 treatments no matter what.  Today was number 24, 21 to go.  And so far, the side effects have not been anywhere near as uncomfortable as they could be at this point and I'm thankful for that.  I know that things will not get any better than they are now as the treatments begin to add up, but I am always thankful for having the weekend off to let my body recover a bit.  And it's comforting to know that about 2 months after treatment ends I should be back to as normal as I will ever get.

The picture of the day is a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher that I recently captured in Taylor, TX.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...