Monday, June 29, 2020

The 6th week begins, 25 down, 20 to go!

I arrived about 20 minutes before my scheduled 1:40 pm treatment and the parking lot at the radiation lab was full.  "What is going on?",  I thought to myself.  Once I showed the girls at the reception desk my picture of the day, they let me know the radiation machine was being fixed, so I was directed to wait in the large waiting room out front with about half a dozen others.  Usually, there are one or two of us conversing in smaller rooms in the back of the building, near the machine, waiting to be called.  I had pounded down a 20 ounce bottle of water on my way to the clinic, since they want your bladder to be full during the radiation.  I got my turn about a half an hour late and I can tell you I made a mad dash to the bathroom the minute I could!  I had the therapists all laughing when I yelled out "First things first!" as I flew away to take care of business before changing clothes.  I was there probably a total of one hour, so it's all good.  These things happen occasionally, I know this latest technology is incredibly complex.  Glad I wasn't the first one they used it on after it was repaired!

Here is the picture of the day, a Painted Bunting near Lake Austin that I saw about 10 days ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...