Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Adventures in Lost and Found

I looked all over my house for my tennis shorts that I wear for my radiation treatments.  They were nowhere to be found.  The last place I remembered having them was at my appointment Monday, so I called the radiation oncology lab and my therapist laughed and said she just knew they were mine!  When I got to my session today, I went in a few minutes early and checked the room with the medical bottoms.  Each patient has a slot with their name on it and a pair of bottoms, in case you had to come in and were still in street clothes.  You can't have any metal in your pants or shorts when you are in the equipment.  I got changed and my therapist spotted me in the hall and asked me if I found my shorts.  I laughed and told her I was wearing them!  At least I didn't forget my appointment.  All is well so far after 16 treatments.  I'm very thankful that I'm not experiencing many of the common side effects yet.  

The picture for the day that I showed anyone who would look is of a Great Blue Heron flying over Berry Springs Park in Georgetown last Saturday.  I took it at dawn and got the beautiful "Golden Hour" warm yellow light on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...