Monday, June 15, 2020

Just finished treatment number 15. I'm a third of the way there! Woohoo!

It's good to have goals and milestones.  I know that as the radiation treatments add up, I'm in for some unpleasant, but temporary, side effects.  I am just thankful at this point that my fatigue level is no worse than it is and that most all of my plumbing is functioning pretty well.  They moved my time up 10 minutes to 1:40 pm this week for whatever reason they had and that's fine with me.  I arrived at 1:20, got my temperature taken at the front desk and showed the girls there my picture of the day.  I got into the radiation machine after a short wait and was out the door at 1:37.  Pretty good.  I saw another patient that is usually right before me as he donned his mask in the parking lot and realized for the first time that he has a mustache!  It's funny how we imagine the rest of faces from partial information.  We got a good laugh when I pointed this out to him in the clinic.

The picture for the day, which brought oohs and aahs and smiles to everybody is one I entitled "Lunch to Go" which placed in one of my local photo contests recently.  It's an Osprey with a half eaten fish that took exception to having his picture taken, so he flew to the next tree.  Lucky for me, I was at the ready.  These beautiful raptors are also known as Seahawks in other parts of the country,


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...