Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Just another day in paradise!

I spent from dawn until about 9 am at Commons Ford Ranch this morning in search of Painted Buntings and more and was not disappointed.  I'm convinced that hiking all over the place for two or more hours a day is essential in helping me fight off the fatigue brought on by the double whammy of the radiation and the hormone therapy that are being used to defeat the cancer.  Nothing like drinking in the beauty of God's creation each and every day to lift your spirits.  I was blessed today to be joined by my friends Mea and Calvin, she a recent grad of Concordia University and he from Concordia High School, respectively.  Great for an old guy to have young ears and eyes around to spot subjects for me!  There were lots of teaching moments, little things like how much difference moving even an inch or two to the right or the left, or up or down, can make in the final result.  Many times it's the difference between a good and an outstanding image.  Also, it can be the difference between a little or a lot of computer work before you publish your work.  We always keep it light, with a lot of laughs, but a good deal of learning goes on and it flows both directions.  These young friends keep me on my toes...

The picture of the day is of a Cardinal at Berry Springs Park in Georgetown last week.  This image breaks two big rules.  You never do a frontal face shot of a bird, it just doesn't look right like people portraits do.  And you don't shoot into the sun.  Rules are meant to be bent or broken in the right circumstances and this shot is one of them.  I believe this Cardinal had a question for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...