Thursday, June 11, 2020

Lucky 13! Continuing to inch closer to the goal...

I spent the morning on Lake Travis with my friend Jay.  He caught a few fish, I had a line in the water but you know me, I also got several good pictures as well of herons and other wildlife.  I always have a camera nearby.  Nothing like a beautiful morning on the water to make you feel alive.

I had my 13th treatment today and things are going quite well.  Compared to some of the other guys I've met, I've tolerated the Lupron and the radiation about as well as can be hoped for.  Thank you Jesus!  Today was "Doctor Day" and I got another Green Check Mark, meaning I've done a good job of coming in well hydrated and with empty bowels.  Not a pleasant or easy thing to have to do day after day, but it becomes a discipline and knowing these steps I take will help to reduce side effects down the road makes it worthwhile.  

Here is the picture for the day I shared with the staff and the doctor today.  It's a Great Crested Flycatcher at Mills Pond last month in its finest mating plumage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...