Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Another cloudy day with some sprinkle and Saharan Dust moving into Austin

Just when you think you've seen it all, we have Saharan Dust on the way.  After a pandemic, protests, riots, Murder Hornets and who knows what's next, I'm not sure I want to keep watching the news!  I finished my 22nd treatment today, meaning I pass the halfway point tomorrow.  It's good to have mile markers to keep you on track.  At this point, I'm taking Flomax twice a day since the radiation begins to add up and irritate things in some pretty key places and I'm also taking Tylenol PM to get a good night's sleep.  All in all, I'm doing better than most patients at this point in the course of treatment.  Thank you, Jesus!

I spent about an hour and a half on a very grey morning hiking around Berry Springs Park in Georgetown.  Not sure how well the pictures will turn out, it was pretty dark.  I did see Titmice, Phoebes, a Kingbird, a Red-Bellied Woodpecker, a Great Blue Heron, Cardinals, Mockingbirds, Painted Buntings and a Yellow-Crowned Night Heron to name but a few.  No Armadillos today!

My treatment was routine this afternoon and the picture of the day is of a Painted Bunting that I saw singing its little heart out a Commons Ford Ranch near Lake Austin last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...