Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Rainy Tuesday

Today started out with some real gully washers, as they say here in Austin, with lots of thunder and lightning thrown in, starting around 6 am.  We will need every drop of that water, since the long range forecasts predict a drier and hotter summer than normal.  We also have a huge cloud of Saharan dust bearing down on us that should arrive this week.  One upside of that is there might be some spectacular sunrises and sunsets as a result and I'm keeping an eye out each morning and evening this week for that.

My 21st treatment went according to plan.   I usually get there at least 20 minutes before my appointment and have made some friends among the other patients that are treated before me.  It's nice to compare notes and to encourage each other.  I guess I have a little bit on my Dad in me, he never met a stranger, only a friend he hadn't made yet.  I've been blessed throughout this whole process, I coun't ask for anything better in any way.  

The picture of the day is an adult Summer Tanager, since the staff liked the baby yesterday and wanted to know what it would grow into.  So, here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...