Friday, June 12, 2020

Week 3 is now in the record books

14 down, 31 to go.  The days fly by.  Having my treatments around 2 pm gives me the blessing of being able to get things done early in the day.  I am an early bird and do like to be out in nature at dawn as much as possible.  The beginning of each new day is special.  The only downside is that not much can be accomplished in the late afternoon, especially as more and more fatigue will inevitably set in before this course of treatment is over.  Here in Texas, we'll soon be looking at 100 degree plus temperatures as the norm, so whatever can be done will likely be indoors.

Now I get the weekend for my body to recover a bit from any side effects of the radiation.  I'll be doing some nature hiking with friends tomorrow morning.  My church is doing a limited reopening this weekend, but I'll still be streaming it online and participating in a study of the Gospel of Luke via Zoom with about 20 others.  Finally, a Sunday drive in the countryside to get my girlfriend out of the house and to run her car.  I should be recharged and ready for more fun at the radiation lab by Monday!  Have a great weekend everybody!

The picture of the day is one that placed in one of my local photo contests this year.  I call it "Wait til your father gets home, young man!".  I used to hear that a lot from my Mom.  I never did understand why. This is 2 Cormorants at Mills Pond in a spat late last year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...