Friday, June 19, 2020

The end of week 4. Woohoo!

After 4 weeks, I am still rocking along with minimal side effects.  I am crediting several things.  One is my All-Star Dream team from top to bottom, all of whom have a genuine concern for each and every patient individually.  Everyone on the team is ready to answer any questions or concerns and having a weekly consult with the radiation oncologist is a great forum for each of us to stay on the same page.  I can't say enough about them.  I'm not identifying them by name or the urology practice I am using in this space because I don't have prior approval from them but am encouraging anyone heading down this same road to contact me privately and I'll be happy to refer you to them.  I feel I have found the best professionals and technology in our part of the country for the treatment of prostate cancer regardless of the course of treatment that is decided upon.  Secondly, I have been encouraged to maintain a high level of activity and have been fighting through the inevitable fatigue caused both by the hormone deprivation and radiation therapies I am receiving. And I have taken that advice to heart.  Third, I am also following good advice from the oncologist and eating a heart healthy diet of lean meats and lots of fruits and vegetables.  Fourth, I have discontinued my multivitamins for the time being because the antioxidants interfere with my getting cured.  Instead, I am taking calcium and vitamin D to combat bone and muscle loss.  I'm sure each of these things is playing a part in how well I've done.  Finally, I have God on my side!  Thank you, Jesus!  The Great Physician has me in His care and is not going to let go of me.

The picture of the day is of a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher demonstrating where it gets its name.  I love these little guys!  This one is from Taylor, TX last month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...