Monday, July 27, 2020

Let the Countdown begin! 3...2...1! Finished this week!

I was talking to a friend over the weekend and they remarked how quickly my treatment plan had gone by.  I said "Maybe for you!" and we had a hearty laugh.  I really couldn't have picked a better time to get cured since travel is still pretty well out of the question and I have been able to work from home.  I've been blessed in so many ways it's hard to know where to start.  The outpouring of love and prayers from my friends has been humbling and has been a great help to me.  Thank you everybody for that.  The wonderful attitude of everyone at the clinic has made me look forward to seeing all of them each day.  One of the radiation techs told me the other day that saying goodbye after the last session is a bittersweet experience for her, because oftentimes friendships develop.  I would expect no less from people who have dedicated their careers to helping others in less than ideal circumstances in their lives.  They help patients overcome their fears, they put a positive spin on everything and are loving with the facts when less than pleasant procedures become necessary.  I can't say enough about what a difference it makes to be cared for at such a hospitable medical practice.

At my appointment today, I already had to say goodbye to one of the radiation techs who will be off for the next couple of days.  I thanked him for all of the good care he gave me.  He said I would be back in 4 months to see the doctor and that I really needed to say hi to everyone.  I promised I would, but only if I could bring a picture with me.  He agreed!

The picture for the day is of a Black-chinned Hummingbird framed by a Texas Red Yucca.  These little ones have become a favorite subject of mine lately and I'm getting as many pictures of them as I can before they are gone on their inevitable migration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...