Friday, July 10, 2020

Week 7 comes to a close


Hard to believe, but I finished my seventh week of treatment today.  They have not all been full 5 day weeks though.  With the Internet outage Monday, Memorial Day and the 4th of July thrown in, I won't actually finish up until Wednesday, July 29th if everything stays on track until then.  I need a total of 45 treatments no matter what comes up.  I was informed that my time for treatment has been shifted, with my consent, to 11:30 am next week and then 11:40 after that.  I picked early afternoon to begin with to allow me to get a good nature hike or a cruise in my boat in at dawn each day for my mandated exercise.  I'll still be able to do that, but I'll need to be more mindful of the time and of staying fully hydrated, especially during the hikes as the weather becomes hotter.  We are expecting a string of 100 degree plus days for the next 10 days or more, with this Sunday being forecast at 107 degrees actual temperature by some models.  Wow!  I'm looking forward to the weekend to let my body recover a bit as I head into week number 8.

The picture for the day is from shortly after sunrise at Mills Pond in my Wells Branch neighborhood of Austin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Radiation Treatment. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't begin to express how relieved I am to get my schedule back again after my final treatment today.  While there will be followup d...